Head Office - Cape Town Apply Before:
22 February, 2019
Purpose of role:
To ensure that all regulatory Health, Safety and Environmental compliance requirements are met. Implement and facilitate comprehensive Health, Safety and Environmental programmes that will assist the operations to achieve zero incident tolerance and ensure compliance to company standards, procedures and regulatory requirements.
Key performance areas:
- Ensure that the sites comply with the OHS act, other regulations and the Client’s requirements.
- Monitor activities for compliance with the safety plan.
- Issue reports indicating status of activities/project compliance.
- Issue and control the NCR system, so that corrective and preventative actions are monitored and closed out.
- Monitor sub-contractor safety compliance and report, ensure action plans are generated.
- Liaise with the client and carry out review audits, as required by the client.
- Generate impacts and aspects registers for site activities.
- Review safety documentation submitted by sub-contractors or internal partners.
- Review and analyse differences on contractual safety changes and carry out analysis on the impact of these changes.
Qualification and experience:
- Diploma in Safety Management.
- SAMTRAC/ NEBOSH.
- SACPCMP Registration.
- SHEQ system Auditing ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001.
- Qualification or relevant experience in regulatory requirements.
- H&S training & development (e.g. Incident Management, Risk Management, First Aid etc.).
- 3-5 years related experience in a similar position.
- Good knowledge in the OHS Act and other applicable legislations.
- Computer literate.
- Methodical thinker.
- Ability to communicate effectively on all levels including client interface.
- Ensure proper administration of the incident reporting investigation system, legal documents and registers.
- Conduct Generic SHE Training and in-house coaching on SHE aspects.
- Internal audit and checking all SHE systems, list and files.
Should you not hear from us within 21 days of the closing of the advert, kindly regard your application to have been unsuccessful.
Back to Careers